- This event has passed.
Healing Trauma: A Brief Intervention for Women – Zoom Workshop
July 17, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$69
DAY OF EVENT – ATTENDEE INFORMATION
If you have urgent questions or need technical support throughout the day – please text Justin Scharr, presenter, at 612.564.5930 or email at email@example.com
Files for download:
9:00am Intros Overview
10:45am Session 1 & 2
12:45pm Session 3 & 4
2:45pm Session 5 & 6
ATTENDEE PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- A copy of the Healing Trauma curriculum will be given away during the last break today. A name will be drawn randomly from the list of attendees.
- All attendees should stay logged in with video on for the duration of the training. Attendees who are off screen for an extended period of time may be placed in the waiting room.
- Attendees should please remain muted unless they are speaking to avoid background noise.
- Whenever possible, please use the “raise hand” feature to indicate a desire to ask questions
- Attendees will be assigned to a breakout room for certain sections of the day. These breakout rooms will remain the same throughout the day. Please pay attention to timeframes provided when in breakout sessions, and also notice broadcasted messages with instructions.
- All attendees should only join the event from their customized link. This will ensure accurate credit.
- All attendees must attend the duration of the event to receive CEU credit.
- Attendance reports will be processed through zoom following the event to award CEU Credit.
- Post-Event Survey and Post-Test link will be sent via email by Wednesday, July 22nd. CEU certificate will be granted instantly upon successful completion of survey and post-test.
• Define gender-responsive and trauma-informed services
• Discuss the connection between substance abuse and trauma
• Describe the process of trauma and typical responses
• Demonstrate physical and mental grounding exercises
• Apply a variety of therapeutic interventions
About the Facilitators
Christine Smith, MA
Christine has been working in systems to address inequities for individuals and families impacted by historical trauma for over ten years at the city, state and more recently, national level. She is currently working for the Minnesota Department of Health as the Health Equity and Tribal Grants Supervisor for the Office of Statewide Health Improvement Initiatives (OSHII). Her previous work experience of eight years was for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program as a counselor and then at the State of Minnesota for the Department Human Services were she served as a Policy Consultant and Tribal Liaison. She holds a Bachelors in Organizational Communication from Augsburg College with a minor in Religion and a Master’s degree in Family Life Education from Concordia University.
Jodi Holzemer is currently attending Metropolitan State University and will be graduating in May 2020 as an LADC. She recently completed her first internship with Nystrom and Associates, Ltd and is about to begin her second internship at ANEW Treatment Center. She is dedicated to working with the effects of trauma in people, including but not limited to the relationship between trauma and addiction. Jodi is currently working with her mentor, Carol Ackley, to become a certified Covington trainer. She has co-facilitated Beyond Trauma and will be facilitating Helping Women Recover, Beyond Trauma, and Healing Trauma.
Additional Information About this Event
CEU approvals have been received for the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy, Board of Social Work and Board of Marriage and Family Therapy.
The board of Marriage and Family Therapy has also approved this event for one hour each of Clinical Supervision and Ethics credits. The BOMFT approval number for this event is 2020-002.
CEU certificates are awarded following completion of a post-event online post-test and survey.
To comply with board requirements regarding issuance of CEU credits, the event coordinators will verify attendance using Zoom’s built-in attendance and participation tracking feature to ensure the attendee has attended the required hours.
To ensure compliance, please be sure you enter the full name and personal email address for each attendee during checkout.